Are you worried that the cat will not use the new Petree Litter Box? Don’t worry, there is 5 Steps For Easy Transition To Petree Litter Box.
1. Bring the new automatic litter box to the cat After you have bought the litter box, take the litter pan out and let the cat sniff and examine. Cats are curious creatures. They always want to know if something will cause danger or not. If you take the litter box to them, you minimize the fear, and they will soon realize there’s nothing to be scared of. Of course, it will also take time and encouragement for the cat to know that it is a litter box, so bear with them.
2. Place the new litter box next to the old one Take the new litter box and place it next to the old one for a few days. Don’t plug it in or turn it on. The main reason here is to make the cat feel comfortable around it. Most importantly, for the cat to examine and investigate it further. If your cat no longer cares about the new litter box or they consistently use the old litter box without any problem. Go to the next step.
3. Run the Self-cleaning litter box At this moment, your cat does not seem bothered or troubled by the presence of the self-cleaning box. Next, you will want to run the box two to three times per day. This will help your little kitty get comfortable with the sound coming from the litter box (some boxes are louder than others). At first, the noise might scare them, so it shouldn’t surprise you. Eventually, they will get used to it.
4. Add the litter back into the automated box If a cat is comfortable with the sound, add the litter to the automatic cleaning litter box. When you do so, don’t run the self-cleaning function.
5.Turn the self-cleaning function on Every time your cat uses the automated box, make sure to praise them. Doing so will make the cat associate using the new cat litter box with a pleasant experience. Now is the time to turn the self-cleaning function and observe your cat for some time. During this period, don’t remove the old litter box. Only if your cat manages to use the new litter box for several weeks, you can then remove the old litter box.
- 8 Best Self Cleaning Cat Litter Boxes 2021
- Self Cleaning Litter Box For Multiple Cats and Large Cats
- How Does Self Cleaning Litter Box Work?
- Real Review After Using Petree Smart Litter Box For 3 Months
- How To Train Your Cat to Use an Automatic Litter Box
- 7 Tips to Organize Your Cat's Litter Box Area