Everyone knows that a litter box is an essential item for any cat owner but little is known of the fact that your choice of a litter box can affect your cat's behavior towards the use of its kitty box. If you are still using an regular cat litter box, please replace it as soon as possible. The automatic cat litter box will bring you and your cat a new life.
Regular cat litter box is cheap, but nobody likes cleaning the litter box. So imagine if the litter box could clean itself! An automatic litter box seems like a dream come true.
To know more details here>> Self Cleaning Litter Box VS Regular Litter Box
Before buying an automatic litter box, many people may ask a very important question: How Much Does A Self Cleaning Litter Box Cost?
In fact, there are more than 10 automatic litter boxes on the market, with prices ranging from $80-$800. It is recommended that the price is lower than $300, it is best not to buy, because you may regret it if you buy it.
Now we will introduce the top 5 self cleaning litter box and their prices, hope it can help you choose the best product for your cat.
1. Litter-Robot self cleaning litter box
The Litter-Robot III Open Air model is considered by many to be the best cat litter box that is 100% self-scooping. The manufacturing company offers a 90-day money back guarantee, plus a warranty for 18 months.
Some Disadvantages & Things to Consider
The Robot III Open Air is one of the priciest models available. But, like most things, you get what you pay for! It’s reliable and durable, which means you’re less likely to run into maintenance issues. And remember, it comes with a warranty and a money back guarantee.
Pet owners who have tried this model have also commented on a few other potential issues with this device:
- It’s large and can be tricky to fit in a small apartment
- Cats can kick litter out of the open door (solution: purchase the fence or ramp accessory available for this product)
- Too much or too little litter in the machine will prevent the machine from working properly—fortunately, there’s a convenient fill-to line which you can quickly check once a week and re-fill as necessary
The Litter-Robot III Open Air is the best automatic cat litter box for felines weighing at least 5 lbs and up to 20 lbs. If you’re someone who needs or wants to avoid cleaning out a litter box as much as possible for whatever reason (convenience, time constraints, medical conditions, etc.), then this may be a great choice for you.
2. Petree Self Cleaning Litter Box
Petree Litter Box is the highest-rated, automatic, self-cleaning litter box for cats. Never scoop cat litter again while giving kitty a clean bed of litter for each use. Petree Litter Box comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee + 12 month warranty.
- 【One Petree Litter Box can live 3-4 cats. If you have one cat, you’ll clean the waste drawer once a week. If you have two cats, you’ll clean the waste every 3-4 days. If you have 3 cats, you’ll clean every 1-2 days.】
- 【It will not turn when your cat is inside. Our patented cat protection system will detect your cat presence once your cat is inside the globe.】
- 【Petree Litter Box simply requires clumping litter. Some silica gel litter beads and crystals can also be used with the Petree Litter Box, as long as they pass through the screen. Alternative, plant-based litters may also work, but these tend to form looser clumps that can cause condensation in the waste drawer. When using a plant-based litter, we recommend emptying the waste drawer and cleaning more frequently. Litters that do not work in the Petree Litter Box are the strictly absorbent, non-clumping or loose-clumping litters, newspaper-based litters, and absorbent wood pellet litter.】
- 【Petree Litter Box will not remove all odors. However, the waste is removed and contained the the waste cabin, which will significantly reduce the litter odor in your room. While Petree Litter Box is very effective with the odor control, the overall level of odor also depends on the amount of cats, the type of litter you use, how frequent you change the drawer and your cat’s diet.】
1. You need to put litter in the litter box first before you start initiating the machine.
2. Only cats that are 3 month older can use Petree Litter Box.
3. After you clean up the dumpster, you need to reset the machine to restart.
4. Don't put anything on top of the litter box to avoid misguiding the gravity sensor
- Simple Design, Sturdy Built: Compact Size, Spacious Interior
- Low Entrance Pedestal: Easily Accessible For Cats Of All Breeds and Age
- Whisper Quiet < 40 decibels: Minimal noise emission. Suitable for the most timid of cats
3. ChillX AutoEgg Self-Cleaning Litter Box
The ChillX AutoEgg Self-Cleaning Litter Box features an elegant oval-shaped litter box. It is the sleekest modern automatic, self-cleaning litter box for cats. The AutoEgg is made of anti-germ high-quality ABS/PP to keep forever friends and their humans healthy. The 5V/2A USB Type-C input power ensures safety both for your furry friends and your kids.
- Highly Accurate Sensors for Self-Cleaning
- Quieter Self-Cleaning
- Safer & Deeper Self-Cleaning
- Superior Dust & Odor Control
- Health Log & Alert Touchscreen
- Fast Acclimation, Easy Setup
- Minimized Litter Tracking
- Quick Cleaning and Reassembly
- A Sleek and Modern Minimalist Design
Things to Consider:
- Malfunctioning: The moving rack is getting disconnected from the base when in cleaning mode.
- It has been a week but my cat has not used it, not once. He continues to take poos and pees outside, ignoring this new litter box I just bought. It’s been a bother because of the smell reeking from the outside that travels indoors and I still continue to clean up after him every time. I’ve tried using different types of litter because it might be the quality but still no improvement. I tried removing the hood because he might feel stiff inside but still no.
- I will just say, I am not a happy camper with this litter box. It is not big enough and I guess I should have bought two or three because one is not doing the job. It’s pretty-looking though.
- Cats over 15 pounds might feel confined by the hood
- It can store up to a week’s waste.
4. CatGenie Self Cleaning Litter Box
Let your cat relieve herself and satisfy her covering instincts with these washable and reusable granules instead of normal throw-away litter. This thing looks and works just like a little feline toilet!
- 100% self-cleaning, self-sanitizing, and self-drying—hands free for you
- Offers some of the highest available reliability among auto cleaning litter boxes
- Instead of kitty litter, this unit uses dust-free washable granules (washed right in the device!), saving you time and money
- Materials are high quality, safe, and long-lasting
- Considered the best litter box for multiple cats
Some Disadvantages & Things to Consider
- The CatGenie needs a cold water line, drainage, and outlet in order to work, so installation can be a bit of a hassle
- Users have noted that sometimes the waste drainage system can get clogged up with kitty hair—but consider it one more incentive to maintain a regular grooming routine for your furball (especially if she’s longhaired)
- It’s normal for there to be a foul odor emanating from the unit during the cleaning cycle (consider installing the unit away from high-traffic areas in your house)
- It’s one of the more expensive models
5. ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
This model uses a highly absorptive crystal litter that dries out solid waste and absorbs urine to avoid leaks. A rake cleans out the disposable tray thanks to an automatic timer (which has 3 settings to choose from), and dumps the waste right into a closed compartment.
- Pledges to offer 5 times better odor and moisture control compared to other kitty litters
- The concealing hood offers privacy for your furball and decreases the likelihood that she’ll track crystal litter around the house
- It’s less expensive compared to other automatic systems, but still considered fairly high quality
- It’s sufficient to cleanly absorb up to 20 days worth of urine, or until the disposable tray needs to be tossed
- You can even use it to monitor your cat’s digestive health since it keeps track of how many times she uses the box!
Some Disadvantages & Things to Consider
- While the ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Box is one of the leaders in odor control, the litter crystals themselves can have a noticeable scent of their own. Avoid this issue with a quick stir of the crystals about once a day, and keeping the box in a well-ventilated area
- If your kitty scratches a ton, she may end up accidentally scratching the cardboard at the bottom of the disposable tray, which could lead to leaks. It’s rare, but if you’re concerned about it happening, you can opt to put a permanent plastic tray under the crystals—just means you’ll have to be a bit more involved in the cleaning process
So, if you’re willing and able to buy the disposable crystal trays that go with the unit, and are looking for ideal waste odor control, this model could be the right choice for you. Expect to change out the crystal tray about every 10-20 days if you live in a single-kitty home (it may not be feasible if you have many felines).
A picture to understand the price of self cleaning cat litter box
With a self-cleaning litter box, a waste compartment sifts, rakes, flushes or otherwise collects feline waste, allowing you minimal contact with cat urine and feces and eliminating the need to scoop the litter tray daily. Most of the automatic litter boxes detect when your cat has used it and will clean up so that the next time they go, they have fresh, clean cat litter.
You should know the price of A Self Cleaning Litter Box by now.
Although the price of the automatic litter box does seem to be more expensive than the ordinary litter box, please trust me, no one will regret buying it. Scooping poop is over, enjoy the freedom of never having to scoop litter for your cats again!
- 8 Best Self Cleaning Cat Litter Boxes 2021
- Self Cleaning Litter Box For Multiple Cats and Large Cats
- How Does Self Cleaning Litter Box Work?
- Real Review After Using Petree Smart Litter Box For 3 Months
- How To Train Your Cat to Use an Automatic Litter Box
- 7 Tips to Organize Your Cat's Litter Box Area